Q. Just Who Are We?
A. We are just a group of cycling friends who like to share our mutual love of cycling. On every Thursday we alternate rides along the Warburton Trail with rides around Melbourne’s amazing bike path network. We also complete longer weekend and overnight rides at regular times during the year and also organise regular overseas cycling and adventure trips.
If you wish to ride with us you must satisfy the following requirements:
- You need to be able to ride a bicycle.
- You must have a good sense of humour and not take yourself too seriously.
- You need to have a desire to remain physically active and also to encourage and teach others.
- You must like making new friends.
- You must be prepared to obey road rules and set a good example to other road and trail users.
- Our rides are open to adult men and women.
- Since our rides are group events, you must be prepared to ride with the rest of the group and not bolt into the distance.
- Due to government regulations, all riders must be fully vaccinated against Covid 19.
If you would like to join us on a ride you must satisfy the following requirements:
We are NOT a formally constituted or incorporated cycling club. We make NO financial demands of our riding mates. There is NO joining fee or annual subscription fee. Organisers of rides take no responsibility for any injury or damage that may be incurred on any ride. We have no form of rider insurance, all riders are encouraged to take out their own insurance by joining a cycling organisation such as Bicycle Network Victoria. We are simply a group of friends that enjoy our bikes and enjoy the social and health benefits that flow on from these activities.
Any adult riders are welcome to ride with us on our rides, providing they accept full responsibility for their own wellbeing and safety. Our rides all take place either on public bike paths or public roads and all riders are therefore expected to abide by all road rules. We do not have any provision for children on our rides. We do have a designated “ride leader” and expect anyone who chooses to share the road or trail with us to do so in a spirit of harmony and good will.