If you are looking for some useful cycling links, then this might be a good place to start.
- Australia’s Rail Trails – This is a fantastic resource for information about Australia’s growing network of Rail Trails. A literal feast of information awaits you.
- Murray to the Mountains – A special site devoted to the 94 km rail trail from Wangaratta to Bright. It is 94 km and a sealed surface ALL the way !!! Even longer if you take the additional offshoot to Beechworth.
- Bike Paths – The ideal place to start looking for information on the best bike paths around Victoria. Also has a comprehensive list of riding links.
- Bicycle Victoria – This is the ultimate reference for information relating to cycling in Victoria. A good place to spend a few hours searching.
- Bicycling Australia – A great general source of bicycle information and also a good source of bike classifieds.
- Melbourne Bicycle Touring Club – A good source of ride information, especially if you are looking for a lot of shorter, social rides.
- Vancouver Bicycle Club – Read about cycling events in Canada. We even have an official Warby Ghost Rider who is completing her residency with this club. Since we have a link on their web site we could even regard them as our “sister club”.
- Russian Cycle Touring Club – This is an interesting site with lots of news and stories about cycling in Russia. It even has a story about a couple of their members who did a ride in Australia. A good read. I have also exchanged e-mails with them. Maybe they will become our first “sister club” in Russia.
- Bike Asia – very professional adventure travel company offering great value cycling tours through China, Mongolia, Tibet, Japan, Laos, Nepal, Borneo and Cambodia. As used by the Ghost Riders in our 2006, 2007 and 2008 China Rides.
- World Expeditions – able to tailor a cycling adventure to suit every possible cyclist. Hundreds of options around the world. World Expeditions has organised numerous cycling and trekking adventures for the Ghostriders over the past decade.
Bike Repairs, etc
- Shimano – the place to spend a few minutes drooling over cycling accessories and what to spend your money on, but don’t tell your wife!!!
- How to Repair Your Bike – This useful site has a great deal of useful guides for performing most basic bike repairs. A good way to spend a few hours reading and learning. All instructions are amply illustrated.
- Gripsport – Australian business that specialises in unique products for cycling and also in a wide range of frame repairs. Situated in the rolling hills of Research, outside Melbourne.
- Recumbant Bikes – If you are fascinated or horrified by the idea of a recumbant bike, you might like to read some more about them by checking out this site.
- Creaks, Clicks and Groans -How to locate and fix those annoying noises on your bike.
- Guide to Bike Maintenance – some simple tips and tricks to help you keep your bike in good working order.
Cycling Gear Supliers
- Ivanhoe Cycles – huge bicycle superstores with outlets around Melbourne. A 5% discount for all Ghostriders (even off specials)
- Torpedo 7 – Internet based business selling bicycle accessories and clothing at hugely discounted prices. Based in NZ, the company ships goods directly to Australia. Some really amazing prices. Well worth a look..
- LeTour Cycles – Wide range of cycles and accessories for all those in the Ringwood/Mitcham area. Plenty of off street parking available.
- Chain Reaction Cycles – Based in Ireland. Generally very competitive prices but depending on the order value, shipping costs can be high so we often combine orders with friends.
- Probike Kit – Based in the UK and only supplies road gear, but often has great prices when on sale.
- Bicycle Outfitters Indy – Based in the US. Was quite cheap until the A$ fell recently!
- Phantom Cycles – Based in NSW. Outstanding service, very competitive prices and often stocks hard-to-get items. After taking overseas shipping costs into account, Phantom can often work out cheaper than the UK & US stores, plus the service we have had from them is fantastic.
- Ground Effect Clothing – Broad range of cycling clothing for men and women.
If any of our riders have other suggestions for useful links, why not e-mail me?